Sunday, May 1, 2016

Tasks on the Line

With official release on horizon, I would like to go over what you can expect from the game in months to come.

* Building fully custom stash 
Dota 2 item mechanics has been my enemy ever since I've had my foot on doorstep of Dota 2 modding scene, due to how limited control I have over it. While the shop has to wait until Valve finally Panoramizes it, stash is going to be built anew to support several convenient features, add some cool mechanics(e.g bind the items in stash for X seconds), and potentially fix the crash issue.

* Adding more vibrant visual cue 
Noble-Phantasm tier abilities with high threat level often don't have a glaring graphics that screams 'dodge this or I am going to destroy you', causing players to not recognize incoming danger. I am hoping to address it in coming months. This will be done alongside with CC unification

* Reworking outdated abilities
Some abilities of classic Servants(Fate score beta level classic) are quite outdated and could use some love, such as Rider's passive.
Not particularly outdated, but Iskander may be reworked again since I am not very happy about current state of Army of the King. It feels clunky and unintuitive to use. Chariot is likely going to be left as is.

* New hero
When designing new hero, I usually give it as long as a month brainstorming and creating several different versions until one of them really rings in my head.

I had that last night with Astolfo from Fate/Apocrypha.

* Reconstructing terrain for Team Elimination
The first and standard map fate_elim_6v6 was built on custom meshes, as opposed to trio/FFA's built-in tile-based map. Now that I've got a better hang of tool, I can put together much nicer one that doesn't look like a lego.

* Russian Translation
A custom game cannot be successful when it is not easily accessible to two largest ethnic/linguistic groups on Dota 2; Chinese and Russian. We have several Russian translators working on localization at the moment, so expect to have full Russian support within this month.

* Balance
OSfrog


TL;DR: nicer stash, visual improvement, reworks, astolfo(probably), better terrain, russian localization

EDIT: didn't mean SFX, my bad